Vanderbilt was originally platted as nine blocks in 1946 and re-platted to twelve in 1950. It is on Patton Rd. west of Isleta, directly south of Kit Carson Elementary School and Ernie Pyle Middle School. The deed comments describe “Lots 1-24 incl. & ‘A’ in Block 1; Formerly Trs. 194A, 195B, 196A & 196D Map 43”. Vanderbilt was rezoned from R-1 (residential) to M-H (mobile home) in 1969 (Albuquerque Journal, August 9, 1969).