1. Sign up and get a Reading Log. Signing up is easy! All we need is your first and last name. As long as you're over 18, we don't need to know your specific age.
2. Circle or mark one space alien symbol for each hour you spend reading or listening to someone else read. (Audiobooks count, too!)
3. When you have finished ten hours of reading time, fill in the back of the card with your first & last name, your phone number, the name of your local Public Library Branch (where you'd like to pick up any prizes you might win!) and the number from the back of your Public Library Card. This is your entry into the weekly and grand prize drawings. Take your completed Reading Log Card(s) to your local Public Library branch to be entered. (all non-winning entries will be destroyed at the end of the Summer Reading Program.)
4. Get a new reading card and keep reading. The more cards you finish the more chances you have to win prizes.
5. Almost every type of reading material counts! Exceptions: Texts, tweets, or other social media activity.
Each branch will host a Summer Reading Special Event for Adults. While these events are targeted to an adult audience, many of them are family-friendly (audience discretion is advised), so check the description or call the hosting branch for more details.
Completed Reading Logs are your entry form for each weekly prize drawing at your library branch. One adult entry will win the prize each week at each Public Library Branch.
WEEK 1 - "A Universe of Stories" Note Cube and Pen
WEEK 2 - Albuquerque Isotopes Ticket Vouchers (4)
WEEK 3 - "A Universe of Stories" 18-oz. Travel Mug
WEEK 4 - A Book of Your Choice
WEEK 5 - Fuddruckers Free Burger Certificate
WEEK 6 - A Book of Your Choice
WEEK 7 - Target $20 Gift Card
WEEK 8 - A Book of Your Choice
All entered Adult Reading Logs that do not win weekly prizes will be part of the Grand Prize Drawing that happens at the end of the Summer Reading Program.