Indian Arts Fund
First organized in 1922 by a group of Santa Fe anthropologists, writers, and art patrons as the Pueblo Pottery Fund, with the purpose of preserving and reviving the arts and crafts of the Pueblo people by collecting outstanding examples and making them available for study and inspiration. The group also sought to preserve many examples of Native American weavings and baskets gathered during archaeological and anthropological research. Incorporated as the Indian Arts Fund (IAF) in 1925, the group eventually amassed a superb collection of traditional Southwest Indian pottery, textiles, baskets, jewelry, paintings, clothing, and other objects. When the IAF disbanded in 1972, the collection was deeded to the School for Advanced Research and is now overseen by their Indian Arts Research Center.