About the Thomason Transportation Program
The Thomason Transportation Program provides an opportunity for students from Title I schools and daycares/preschools serving low-income families in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County to enjoy fun and educational field trips to branches of the Public Library ABQ-BERNCO.
The Thomason Transportation Program provides free, round-trip transportation for students, faculty and chaperones, allowing them to visit public library branches, participate in library programs and events, visit the Center for the Book, and more.
Who is Eligible?
- Title I schools
- Daycare & Preschool programs serving low-income families
- Organizations serving children with special needs
How to Apply
- First, contact your ABQ-BernCo Library of choice to arrange your visit at least 4 weeks in advance. A listing of all Library locations can be found at www.abqlibrary.org.
- Download the application from from this page or call 768-5112 to have one mailed or faxed to you.
- Fill out and submit the transportation application at least 3 weeks before your visit. Do not skip any questions, or your application will be delayed.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive official written confirmation.
- There is a limit of one visit per semester per class.
- Because bus drivers are needed to service before- and after-school routes, the earliest possible pickup from school to visit a Public Library branch is 9:15 am. The latest possible pickup for a return to school is 1:30 pm. On Wednesdays (half-day dismissal) the latest possible pickup for return to school is 11:30 am. Please keep these times in mind when scheduling Library visits.
This program would not be possible without the generous support of the Tom and Jo Thomason Estate and the Friends of the Public Library.
If you would like to learn more about the Thomason Transportation Program, please contact Deborah Hassi at 768-5112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.