Set up your Kindle Fire Tablet
- Select the language you would like your Kindle to use from the list displayed onscreen. If there are then regional options displayed below, choose your region format from the list and when you're ready, tap Continue.
- Your Kindle needs an internet connection to give you access to the Store, and get emails, so it's best to set this up now. Scroll through the list of available wireless networks on screen and tap on your own network name.
- If required, enter the correct wireless password for your network. The password will be case-sensitive, so make sure you replicate any capital letters. When you're ready to proceed, tap Connect.
- You will be invited to register your new Kindle with Amazon, which will link an Amazon Store account to your Kindle to allow you to download apps, buy e-books, and more. If you have previously purchased anything from Amazon sign in with your Amazon account email address at the top, tap the Yes button and enter your Amazon account password in the box, and finally tapping Continue (then go to step 9 to continue setup). If you have never purchased from Amazon you can create a free account by entering your email address at the top, tapping the No option, and tapping Continue.
- The next step in creating an account is to choose your Country/Region, so the correct Store is displayed. United Kingdom is the default , but if you're setting a Kindle up elsewhere you can choose from the drop-down list, then tap Continue.
- Enter your name, and choose a password for your Amazon account by entering the information required into the boxes on screen. When you're ready to move on, tap Create Account.
- You will then be asked to enter payment information. If you have an Amazon Gift Card you can apply this to your account by tapping the orange link. You can register a credit or debit card onto your account to allow you to purchase items from the store by entering the card number and details onscreen. You can also Skip this and do this later if you wish.
- You will be asked to provide address details for your account. Complete the onscreen form with the correct information, which must match the address your credit/debit card is linked to, and tap Continue (again you can Skip this, but only if you have not added a card).
- Check that the Time Zone information is correct, adjusting if necessary by tapping on the orange link and selecting the correct one, then tap Continue.
- If you are new to using a Kindle, you will then be asked about backing up your device. This is optional. If you later purchase or borrow another Kindle Fire, you can restore the settings and configuration to give you a seamless transition. Yes is the default, so tap No if you wish to opt-out of this, then tap Continue. If you have previously backed up a Kindle, you will be shown existing backups to restore from. Select the backup you wish to restore (or tap Do not restore to set this Kindle up from scratch) then tap Continue.
- You can link your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts to your Kindle if you choose to by tapping the appropriate line and signing in to that account. When you have finished linking accounts (or don't wish to) tap Continue.
- If you have connected your Kindle to the internet via Wi-Fi, it will download any system updates automatically, and then restart to complete the installation. If your Kindle restarts, swipe across to unlock it.
You will now find yourself looking at the home screen of your Kindle. You will see a carousel menu across the top which you can scroll through side-to-side, and links to apps below which you can scroll up and down through. To get to the main settings, swipe down from the top edge of the display and tap on the Settings icon on the right.