It's simple to find your way round the App Store, and downloading apps to your Kindle Fire tablet is equally as easy.
- There are two ways to get to the Apps section of the Amazon Store.
Either: Tap Apps on the carousel, then tap the Store icon on the right (as shown below)
Or: Tap Shop on the carousel, then tap Apps in the list of store sections.
- With the Appstore now open, you can scroll through lists of Featured apps, Free apps, etc. Explore each section by tapping See more to open that section in detail.
- When looking at lists of apps, tapping on any app will take you to the Store page for that app, giving you more information and the opportunity to download it.
- If you know the name of the app you wish to install, you can search for it directly. Tap on the Search icon (magnifying glass) at the bottom of the screen to open the search box, and enter the name of the app (we're searching for Facebook in our example). Suggestions will appear as you type, and tapping on a suggestion will the run that search.
- The search results show results in order of relevance, so you should see the app you're looking for near the top of the list. Tap on it to open that app's Store page.
- The orange button shows the cost of the app, either showing Free or the price. To download a free app, just tap this button to continue. If the app requires payment, tapping this button will take you through a secure checkout process, adding a payment card to your Amazon account if you haven't already done so.
- Tap the green Get App button to start the download.
- A progress bar displays to show you how your Kindle is progressing through downloading and installing the app, and when this has completed an Open button will show. This means the app is now downloaded.
Re-installing previously used apps
If you have any apps that you either deleted from your Kindle, or used on a previous Kindle, then the Amazon Store keeps track of them. This means you can re-download them without having to pay for them again (if purchased) or just as importantly, without having to remember what they all were!
When you're in the Appstore, tapping Library in the top corner shows you a screen with apps on it. There is a switch at the top for Cloud/Device. When Device is selected, you can see all the apps installed on this kindle, and access them quickly and easily. When Cloud is selected, it shows all the apps you've ever downloaded against this Amazon account, with those installed on this Kindle ticked. This makes it easy to spot apps you don't have on your device, and all you have to do to install them is tap them to be taken to the app's page to install it.
Downloading other store items
To access the navigation panel for an easier way around the Store, slide your finger in from the left-hand edge and drag it horizontally across to the right. The navigation menu should follow your finger and supply you with options to go straight to a specific category, modify your settings or check out your recommended apps and games.