Connecting to WiFi Networks
- Unlock your kindle by swiping across, if necessary.
- From the home screen of your Kindle, swipe your finger down from the top of the screen to bring down the Quick Menu screen.
- At the top of the screen, tap Wireless.
- Ensure that Airplane Mode button is Off, indicated by white text and an orange underline. If it's showing as On just tap the button to turn it Off. Tap Wi-Fi to open the settings.
- Check whether Wi-Fi is turned On by checking the switch. If it is currently Off, tap the switch to turn it On. A Wi-Fi symbol will appear at the top of the screen when Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Locate and tap on the name of your wireless network in the list shown on screen.
- When prompted, enter your wireless password in the box. This will be case-sensitive, so make sure you capitalize letters as necessary. When you've entered the password correctly, tap Connect.
- If successful, your network name will now have the word Connected underneath it, and an orange symbol beside it. Looking at the top line of the display, the lighter grey signal bars on the Wi-Fi symbol will show the signal strength.
Finally tap the Home icon (it looks like a house) at the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen of your kindle.