Read to the Dogs
Would your child like a patient, attentive friend to read to? Read to the Dogs provides an opportunity for your child to read to registered therapy dogs in a relaxed atmosphere. The dogs sit calmly and quietly for a story. Children can practice reading out loud without fear of judgement. It's a great way for children to gain confidence in their reading.
Registered dogs are provided by Southwest Canine Corps of Volunteers and Alliance of Therapy Dogs (formerly Therapy Dogs, Inc).
Call or visit the participating libraries for more information.
- Alamosa Library, 836-0684
3rd Tuesday, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Cherry Hills Library, 857-8321
1st and 3rd Saturdays, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- East Mountain Library, 281-8508
Wednesdays 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
2nd Saturday, 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Lomas Tramway Library, 291-6295
3rd Saturday, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Main Library, 768-5141
Not currently offering this program.
- North Valley Library, 897-8823
Wednesdays, 3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturdays, 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- South Broadway Library, 764-1742
Thursdays, 4 p.m.
- South Valley Library, 877-5170
2nd and 4th Wednesdays, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tony Hillerman Library, 291-6264
Wednesdays, 4 p.m.